Fortivir Enrofloxacin 10% Injection For Veterinary
- Enrofloxacin 10% Injection For Veterinary
- Enrofloxacin is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections.
- Its use in dogs to treat certain specific infections and its use in small mammals, birds, and reptiles is ‘off label’ or ‘extra label’. Many drugs are commonly prescribed for off label use in veterinary medicine. In these instances, follow your veterinarian’s directions and cautions very carefully as their directions may be significantly different from those on the label
- Enrofloxacin belongs to the group of quinolones and acts bactericidal against mainly Gramnegative bacteria like Campylobacter, E. coli, Haemophilus, Pasteurella, Mycoplasma and Salmonella spp
- Gastrointestinal and respiratory infections caused by enrofloxacin sensitive micro-organisms, like Campylobacter, E. coli, Haemophilus, Mycoplasma, Pasteurella and Salmonella spp. in calves, cattle, sheep, goats and swine.
- Contra indications
- Hypersensitivity to enrofloxacin. Administration to animals with a seriously impaired hepatic and/or renal function. Concurrent administration of tetracyclines, chloramphenicol, macrolides and lincosamides.
- Side effects
- Administration to young animals during growth can cause cartilage lesions in joints. Hypersensitivity reactions may occur.
- For intramuscular or subcutaneous administration: Calves, cattle, sheep and goats : 1 ml per 20 – 40 kg body weight for 3 – 5 days Swine : 1 ml per 20 – 40 kg body weight for 3 – 5 days.